This Season's Concerts:
- October 26, 2014: Our 53rd season begins on October 26th with a salute to local composers and musicians we call “South Coast Local.” Alto saxophonist and Marion, MA native Trevor Kellum will be our soloist as we perform music from our own backyard.
- November 28, 2014: Former and current Tri-County Music Association Scholarship and Summer Study Grant recipients take the stage on November 28th to benefit the TCMA Scholarship Fund. This collection of solos and small ensembles features the favorite selections of each student and is titled “Scholarship Showcase 2014.”
- December 14, 2014: Once again, we offer our Annual Children’s Christmas Concert, free of charge, at the Sippican School on December 14th with the help of the Sippican School Concert Choir (and guests) under the direction of Patricia Richard.
- February 1, 2015: United States Coast Guard Band trombonist Karna Millen will join us on February 1st to perform Ferdinand David’s Concertino for Trombone in a program of lively music depicting the many grippingly poignant views of a battlefield entitled “War and Peace.”
- March 15, 2015: The March 15th program, “Viva Portugal!”, will highlight band music from the many regions of this Iberian nation. With selections of varying styles and genres of Portuguese music, it is certain to delight all concertgoers. Our guest conductor will be the music director of the Sociedade Filharmónica de Covões, Portugal; Fausto Moreira. This concert will also feature a special performance by Portuguese fado vocalist Cláudia Madeira.
- April 26, 2015: Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Sippican Choral Society with the Tri-County Symphonic Band in performance with the Sippican Choral Society. Musical selections from Verdi, Mozart, and local composer John Wallace.
- June 7, 2015: Our 13th Annual Benefit Pops Concert will be held under the grand tent at Tabor Academy on June 7th. The event begins at 2:00pm with a social hour/light fare. At 3pm the concert begins with music from the big bands, classic movies, and Broadway musicals. Join us for a program called “Music of the 1940’s.”
The 2014-2015 concert season, our fifty-third, is a series of performances representing the wealth of musical talent and variety of quality concert band music that continues to be the trademark of the Tri-County Symphonic Band. I hope you will share in the “Tri-County experience” that has thrilled audiences for over 53 years.
The Tri-County Symphonic Band (TCSB) is a community-based musical organization comprised of professional, semi-professional, talented amateur and talented student musicians. The TCSB performs five concerts annually, often featuring a guest artist.
This Season's Featured Artists
In addition to supporting the TCSB, the Tri-County Music Association (TCMA) administers the John R. Pandolfi Scholarship Fund offering scholarships for college music majors and summer study grants for high school students. The TCMA has given out thousands of dollars each year in support of student musicians in the Tri-County area (Barnstable, Bristol and Plymouth counties of Massachusetts).
You can show support by:
We support our community by:
An exciting musical project for benefit of
the TCMA John R. Pandolfi Scholarship Fund
Former TCMA scholarship recipient, jazz pianist Matt Richard has released his new CD recording, THE JAZZ CLUB, and is donating all proceeds from the sale of the CD to the TCMA John R. Pandolfi Scholarship Fund. The CD and individual tracks may be purchased on iTunes or CDBaby. The cost for the CD is $9.99 and the individual tracks are $.99 each. The CD is also available locally at The Symphony Shop, 94 State Road, North Dartmouth, MA and The Bookstall, 151 Front Street, Marion, MA