This Season's Concerts:
- October 23, 2016: Our 55th season begins on October 23rd with a uniquely colorful collection of musical pieces we call “Shades of Blue.” Clarinetist Charlie Suriyakham, member of the United States Coast Guard band, will be our soloist as we explore the varied sonic hues that this wonderful assortment of compositions reflect
- November 25, 2016: Former and current Tri-County Music Association Scholarship and Summer Study Grant recipients take the stage on November 25th to benefit the TCMA Scholarship Fund. This collection of solos and small ensembles features the favorite selections of each student and is titled “Scholarship Showcase 2016.”
- December 11, 2016: Once again, we offer our Annual Children’s Christmas Concert, free of charge, at the Sippican School on December 13th with the help of the Sippican School Concert Choir (and guests) under the direction of Patricia Richard.
- February 12, 2017: Baritone vocalist Tianxu Zhou will return to the Tri-County stage on February 12th to perform two aria’s from Mozart’s “Don Giovanni” in a program of music from three very different composers: “Mozart, Mancini and Mussorgsky.”
- March 26, 2017: The March 26th program, “Celebrating Women Composers”, will be a concert featuring mostly modern pieces written for band by some of the best and brightest women composers of recent times. Flutist Wendy Rolfe will be the featured soloist as the band displays its versatility and numerous sonorities to weave together the fabric of this important music.
- April 23, 2017: Once again, the Sippican Choral Society will join the TCSB in a combined concert of patriotic music entitled “Testament of Freedom.” The first set will be the Sippican Choral Society performing stirring choral selections followed by the TCSB playing patriotic band favorites. The last set will be the two groups combined with a rendition of Randall Thompson’s epic “The Testament of Freedom.”
- June 11, 2017: Our 15th Annual Benefit Pops Concert will be held at Tabor Academy on June 11th at 2 PM, in a grand tent, and will include music from an array of film genres. Join us for a program called “Hollywood Blockbusters.”
The 2016-2017 concert season, our fifty-fifth, is a bountiful mixture of music from many different times and places, delving into a healthy variety of styles and formats. We are thrilled that you will be part of our tradition of bringing the community high quality symphonic band music and outstanding soloists. Help us to share the “Tri-County experience” that has thrilled audiences for over 55 years.
The Tri-County Symphonic Band (TCSB) is a community-based musical organization comprised of professional, semi-professional, talented amateur and talented student musicians. The TCSB performs five or more concerts annually, often featuring a guest artist.
This Season's Featured Artists
In addition to supporting the TCSB, the Tri-County Music Association (TCMA) administers the John R. Pandolfi Scholarship Fund offering scholarships for college music majors and summer study grants for high school students. The TCMA has given out thousands of dollars each year in support of student musicians in the Tri-County area (Barnstable, Bristol and Plymouth counties of Massachusetts).
You can show support by:
We support our community by:
An exciting musical project for benefit of
the TCMA John R. Pandolfi Scholarship Fund
Former TCMA scholarship recipient, jazz pianist Matt Richard has released his new CD recording, THE JAZZ CLUB, and is donating all proceeds from the sale of the CD to the TCMA John R. Pandolfi Scholarship Fund. The CD and individual tracks may be purchased on iTunes or CDBaby. The cost for the CD is $9.99 and the individual tracks are $.99 each. The CD is also available locally at The Symphony Shop, 94 State Road, North Dartmouth, MA and The Bookstall, 151 Front Street, Marion, MA