The 51st Concert Season of the
Tri-County Symphonic Band
Our 51st Season:
- October 21, 2012: "Fiesta del Pacifico" is a program of selections associated with the Pacific Ocean. Rochester, MA composer John Wallace was commissioned by the TCMA to write a fanfare for the opening of our season and the World Premier of "Fanfare for the 51st Season" will start the concert.
- November 23, 2012: Special Concert to benefit the Tri-County Music Association's Scholarship Fund. "My Favorite Things" is a collections of solos and ensembles by talented past recipients of the TCMA's Scholarships and Summer Study Grants.
- December 9, 2012: Annual Children's Christmas Concert, free of charge, at the Sippican School with the Sippican School Concert Choir under the direction of Patricia Richard and special guests.
- February 3, 2013: "Procession of the Nobles" is concert filled with pieces that are fit for kings, queens, princes, princesses, dukes, duchesses........... New York Metropolitan Opera Orchestra bassoonist Mark Romatz will be our soloist.
- March 17, 2013: A fitting panoply of pieces from and about the Emerald Isle is called "Ireland: of Legend and Lore." Staff Seargent Jason Nickell will join us. He is a trumpeter with the United States Air Force Band of Liberty stationed at Hanscom Air Force Base in Massachusetts.
- June 23, 2013: Our 11th Annual Benefit Pops Concert will be held at Tabor Academy, in a grand tent, and highlight the music from "Star Trek", "Star Wars" and "Battle Star Galactica."
The 2012-2013 concert season, our 51st, is a robust and vibrant array of quality concert band music, combined with awesome soloists, that is certain to thrill listeners young and old. I hope you will share in the "Tri-County experience" that has thrilled audiences for over 51 years.
Philip E. Sanborn
Welcome to the website for the Tri-County Music Association, Inc. The TCMA is entering its 51st year of support for the Tri-County Symphonic Band.
The TCSB is a community-based musical organization comprised of professional, semi-professional, talented amateur and talented student musicians. The TCSB performs five concerts annually.
The TCMA also administers the TCMA Scholarship Fund (for college music majors) and the TCMA Summer Study Grant Fund (for high school students). The TCMA has given out thousands of dollars each year in support of student musicians in the Tri-County area (Barnstable, Bristol and Plymouth counties of Massachusetts).
©2013 Tri-County Music Association, Inc. | P.O. Box 414, Rochester, MA 02770 | email@example.com