Sunday, June 11, 2023
Tabor Academy – Under the Grand Tent
Social Hour at 1:00 p.m.
Concert Begins at 2:00 p.m.
245 Front Street, Marion, MA 02738
Tickets are $35 in advance and $40 at the door. Tickets may be purchased at the Symphony Music Shop in North Dartmouth and online at brownpapertickets.com
The celebration of two decades of Benefit Pops Concerts will be held, once again, on the beautiful shores of Sippican Harbor under a magnificent tent as patrons enjoy food, drink, cupcakes and fine symphonic band music. This year, we put our dancing shoes on and highlight music that was inspired by dance. From “secret” dances to dances for witches to dances from “West Side Story”, this assemblage of compositions is meant to get our feet moving and is certain get everyone excited by the many varied forms of dance music that make up the vast repertoire.
- To Dance in the Secret Garden – Robert W. Smith
- Shall We Dance? – Richard Rodgers
- Dance of the Witches – John Williams
- Symphonic Dances from “West Side Story” – Leonard Bernstein
- Suite of Old American Dances – Robert Russell Bennett
- Danza Final from “Estancia” – Alberto Ginastera
- The Stars and Stripes Forever – John Philip Sousa