18th Annual Benefit Pops Concert
“Revisiting the Fabulous Fifties”
A benefit concert to help raise money for The Tri- County Music Association's John R. Pandolfi Scholarship Fund for college music majors and summer study grants for high school students.
Re-Airing on ORC-TV:
Comcast Ch 9 & Verizon Ch 36
June 26th @ 2 PM
June 27th @ 7 PM
And online here all weekend
We finish this unprecedented concert season with a virtual re-presentation of our Annual Pops Concert from June 9th, 2019, "The Fabulous Fifties". The Annual Pops Concert is a benefit concert to help raise money for the Tri- County Music Association's John R. Pandolfi Scholarship Fund for college music majors and summer study grants for high school students. Since the concert is virtual only, we do not have tickets to sell, raffles to win, or auction items to purchase. We ask for your continued support with hope you will be generous and donate to our scholarship program by mail or online. If you have already made a donation to our scholarship program - Thank you! We would appreciate your help with spreading the word to your family and friends of our program and mission with hopes they too will be generous with a donation. To donate by mail, please send checks made payable to Tri-County Music Association, Inc., to P.O. Box 414, Rochester, MA 02770.
The concert program:
- Colonel Bogey (Kenneth J. Alford)
- Inchon (Robert W. Smith)
- Can’t Help Fallin’ in Love (Peretti, Creatore and Weiss; arr. James Swearingen)
- Blue Rondo á la Turk (Dave Brubeck, arr. William A. Fletcher)
- An American in Paris (George Gershwin, arr. Jerry Brubaker)
- Singin’ In The Rain (N. H. Brown & A. Freed, arr. Michael Brown)
- Candide Suite (Leonard Bernstein, arr. Clare Grundman)
- I. The Best of All Possible Worlds
- II. Wetphalia Chorale and Battle Scene
- III. Auto-da-fe
- IV. Glitter and Be Gay
Kelsy Boch, soprano
- V. Make Our Garden Grow
- The Stars and Stripes Forever (John Philip Sousa)
For the latest updates and news about the Tri-County Symphonic Band and the Tri-County Music Association, please join our mailing list.
The Tri-County Music Association, Inc. is a 501C3 not-for-profit organization.