This Season's Concerts:
Greetings and welcome to the 61st concert season of the Tri-County Symphonic Band. From a grand opening of international favorites to an extravaganza of “dance” music under the tent, this season represents the very best symphonic band music ever written:
- Sunday, October 16, 2022, 3:00 PM: Our opening concert, “United Nations Day” is a panoply of music from different member nations. France, South Korea, Spain, Germany, Norway and, of course, the United States of America will be visited as we explore the different musical flavors. Our soloist, oboist Musician First Class Briana Tarby, will perform “Legacy” by Spanish composer Óscar Navarro. A world premier of a work by American composer John Wallace will take place as well as the band plays his “Centurions”; a piece that harkens back to the early Roman days. Works by Darius Milhaud, John Barnes Chance, Paul Lincke and Johannes Hanssen round out the program.
- Sunday, December 11, 2022, 1:30 PM: The Annual Children’s Christmas Concert will take place at the Sippican School in Marion as we are very much looking forward to continuing the long-established tradition. This concert celebrates the holiday season and is free admission for all, our gift to the community.
- Sunday, February 5, 2023, 3:00 PM: The February concert this season is a combined program with the Our Lady of Light Band. Each band will play from their repertoire separately and then combine at the end to form a group of 80+ musicians! The Tri-County Symphonic Band is proud to collaborate one of the finest bands from Southeastern Massachusetts as we collectively work to strengthen the musical community with this harmonious offering.
- Sunday, March 19, 2023, 3:00 PM: A tribute to the legendary British composer Andrew Lloyd Webber will be the focus of our March program. We will be joined by soloist, clarinetist Chief Musician Charlie Suriyakham. He will be performing “Fantasia da Concerto sopra motivi dell'Opera ‘Rigoletto’ di Verdi.” The concert will highlight Webber's iconic scores to “Jesus Christ Superstar”, “Cats”, “Evita” and “Phantom of the Opera.” This is a collection of memorable music that will evoke many emotions and fill everyone’s ears with marvelously unforgettable melodies.
- Sunday, June 11, 2023, 2:00 PM: Once again we will be under the Grand Tent at Tabor Academy for our Annual Pops Concert to benefit the John Pandolfi Music Scholarship Fund. This year's concert will be all about dance music. The band will perform Leonard Bernstein's “Symphonic Dances from West Side Story”, Alberto Ginastera's “Danza Final” and John Williams' “Dance of the Witches” as well as other selections to get your feet moving.
The 2022-2023 concert season, our sixty-first, is testament to our commitment to bring quality live music to our community. We are excited that you will be part of our tradition. Help us to share the “Tri-County experience” that has thrilled audiences for over 60 years.
“A Winter Festival Celebration:
Our Lady of Light Band
the Tri-County Symphonic Band”
Sunday, February 5, 2023
Our Lady of Light Band Banquet Hall
664 Quarry St, Fall River, MA 02723
Tickets are $35, $20 for children 12 and under. Ticket price includes dinner.
Tickets may be purchased online at brownpapertickets.com
The Tri-County Symphonic Band Scholarship Program
Since 1962 the TRI-COUNTY SYMPHONIC BAND has been part of the cultural life of Southeastern Massachusetts. Professional and fine amateur musicians including talented students from Bristol, Plymouth and Barnstable counties come together to perform classical, semi-classical and contemporary music. Guest soloists and groups are drawn from the best musical institutions. The primary aim of the organization has been to make live performances of quality concert band repertoire available in the community and to give musicians a chance to share their love for the art of making music.
The TRI-COUNTY MUSIC ASSOCIATION, Inc., supports the Tri-County Symphonic Band in presenting high quality musical performances. A secondary aim is to encourage our young people to pursue careers in music education or as instrumentalists by providing them an opportunity to perform and by awarding scholarships. The Tri-County Music Association (TCMA) administers the John R. Pandolfi Scholarship Fund offering scholarships for college music majors and summer study grants for high school students. Over the years, more than 100 students have received such awards for college study. For the past eight years the Association was also able to offer summer music study grants to deserving high school students (grades 9-12). The Association awards $12,000 to young musicians each year.
The Tri-County Music Association, Inc. is a 501C3 not-for-profit organization.
You can show support by:
We support our community by:
Some Artists Who Have Appeared with the Tri-County Symphonic Band
An exciting musical project for benefit of
the TCMA John R. Pandolfi Scholarship Fund
Former TCMA scholarship recipient, jazz pianist Matt Richard has released his new CD recording, THE JAZZ CLUB, and is donating all proceeds from the sale of the CD to the TCMA John R. Pandolfi Scholarship Fund. The CD and individual tracks may be purchased on iTunes or CDBaby. The cost for the CD is $9.99 and the individual tracks are $.99 each. The CD is also available locally at The Symphony Shop, 94 State Road, North Dartmouth, MA